CNBr-activated Sepharose™ 4B is pre-activated media used for coupling antibodies or other large proteins containing -NH₂ groups to the Sepharose™ media, by the cyanogen bromide method, without an intermediate spacer arm.
- Multipoint attachment resulting in a chemically stable product
- Over 25 years proven track record for coupling ligands containing primary amino groups
- The coupling reaction by the cyanogen bromide method is spontaneous, rapid and easy to carry out
- Stable to all commonly used aqueous solutions
- Can be used with non-ionic detergents, denaturing solvents, e.g. 8 M urea and 6 M guanidine hydrochloride
- Stable in organic solvents, such as 50% dimethylformamide and 50% dioxane
It provides a very convenient way to immobilize ligands by the cyanogen bromide method. The coupling reaction is spontaneous, rapid and easy to carry out. The application area covers immobilization of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids. For immobilizing antibodies or other large proteins containing -NH₂ groups by coupling them to the matrix.