HiScreen Capto MMC columns are prepacked with Capto MMC ion exchange chromatography medium, and are part of the process development platform available from Cytiva. The columns are an excellent choice for method optimization and parameter screening.
- Prepacked, ready-to-use columns for convenient process development optimization
- 10 cm bed height of HiScreen columns is designed to allow method optimization and parameter screening
- Easily connected in series to achieve 20 cm bed height
- Small bed volume gives fast results and minimal sample/buffer consumption
- Reproducible results, scalable to BioProcess columns packed with the same resin using the same linear fluid velocity
Capto MMC is a multimodal cation exchanger with a different selectivity compared with traditional ion exchangers. It can be used to bind proteins at the conductivity of the feed material and to solve specific purification challenges.
The small column volume of 4,7 ml and bed height of 10 cm make HiScreen columns excellent tools for method optimization, parameter screening, robustness testing, and convenient scale-up. Process fluid velocities can be applied, since the 10 cm bed height gives enough residence time and the results can then serve as basis for linear process scale-up.
If necessary, two columns can easily be connected in series to give a bed height of 20 cm.