SAM510™ assay is a continuous enzyme coupled assay that can continuously monitor SAM-dependent methyltransferases without the use of radioactive labels or endpoint measurements.
- Detection of protein methylation or screening methylation inhibitors
- Continuous enzyme coupled assay for kinetic studies
- Colorimetric, non radioactive assay
- Supplied with all reagents, including positive control
- Adaptable for enzymes that generate S-adenosylhomocysteine or 5’-methylthioadenosine
The assay can be adapted to be used with any SAM dependent methyltransferase or an enzyme reaction that produces 5-adenosylhomocysteine or 5’-methylthioadenosine, due to the specificity of adenosylhomocysteine nucleosidase.