These CL (Compatible Lowry) Protein Assay is based on the widely cited protein assay by Lowry et. al. (1951). The CL Protein Assay improves upon the traditional Lowry method to be compatible with common laboratory agents known to interfere with Lowry protein assays such as reducing agents (dithiothreitol (DTT), ß-mercaptoethanol and TCEP), detergents, chelating agents, amines, sugars, strong chaotropic buffers, salts, drugs, antibiotics, cobalt and other common laboratory agents.
- Protein quantitation in the presence of detergents and reducing agents
- Quick 15 minute incubation
- Increased colour stability (color will not change more than 5% in 1 hour or 10% in 2 hours)
- Linear response 0,2 to 1,5 mg/ml
- One simple protocol without cumbersome sample preparation or buffer exchange steps
- Convenient kit provides all necessary reagents for 250 standard (5 ml) assays or 1000 microtube (1,5 to 2 ml) assays
This Assay uses proprietary Universal Protein Precipitating Agent (UPPA™). The UPPA agent cleans the protein samples from interfering agents prior to performing colorimetric reaction. These are used to estimate protein during protein purification, electrophoresis, cell biology, molecular biology, and other research applications.
These are suitable for protein samples containing common laboratory agents, such as reducing agents, chelating agents (EDTA), detergents, amines (Tris), sugars and many other agents and suitable for samples containing chaotropic agents such as urea, thiourea, guanidine hydrochloride, guanidine thiocyanate, ammonium sulfate, drugs, antibiotics, cobalt, and numerous other agents and extraction buffers.
Most commonly used for determination of protein concentration in cellular fractions, tissue & cell lysates and chromatography purification fractions.